46th Annual State Conference
Visit this page for all 2021 conference updates about registration, award applications, and more.
TACHE officially announced the 46th Annual State conference theme:
LA LUCHA SIGUE | Continuing the Fight for Dignity, Education, and the Chicano Identity.
Date | May 15-19, 2020
Location | Fort Worth, TX
Format | In-Person, pending CDC Guidelines permits*
*TACHE Conference Chair is prepared to shift the conference from an in-person event to a remote environment if COVID-19 conditions do not improve by February 2021.
Cost | Pre-Event and Conference Registration Costs to be announced
Audience: faculty, staff, students, and advocates of higher education.
Conference Planning Committee
Conference Chair: Dr. Mayra Olivares-Urueta, Vice President at Tarrant County College; TACHE President-Elect
• Florencio U. Aranda III, Ph.D., Latino Retention Advisor, South Dakota State University
• David Barrera, Jr., Director of Project SENDA – Del Mar College
• Gabriel Barrientez, Career Advisor – Texas A&M University-San Antonio
• Chelsea Barron Davila Conaway, Doctoral Candidate – University of Texas San Antonio
• Laura Cortes Frano, Ph.D., Adjunct Professor, University of the Incarnate Word
• Stephanie Cuellar, Doctoral Student & Graduate Assistant– Texas Christian University
• Karla DeCuir, Sr. Director of Enrollment Management & External Affairs – University of Houston-Victoria
• Elsa Diego-Medrano, Ph.D., Associate Professor – West Texas A&M University
• Karla Duran, Ph.D., Adjunct Professor, University of the Incarnate Word
• Adalia Espinosa, Career Counselor – University of Houston
• Nancy Garcia, Ed.D, Assistant Professor, West Texas A&M University
• Tozi Gutierrez, Ph.D, Clinical Assistant Professor – Texas State University
• Maria L. Honey, Director of Stanford Alexander Center for Real Estate – University of Houston
• Ana Martinez, Ph.D., Assistant Professor – Texas State University
• Cristina M. Martinez Sullivan, Ed.D., Dean of Academic Affairs – Tarrant County College
• Mayra Olivares-Urueta, Ph.D., Vice President – Tarrant County College
• Cesar Quezada, Coordinator – University of North Texas
“Each member of the planning committee is committed and dedicated to furthering the development of their colleagues. The planning committee volunteers their time and energy above and beyond their professional careers,”
-Dr. Olivares-Urueta, TACHE Conference Chair.
Sponsors Make A Difference!
Invitation for Conference Sponsorship from Mayra Olivares-Ureta, Ph.D.,TACHE President-Elect
Our 46th Annual TACHE Conference theme is “La Lucha Sigue” Continuing the Fight for Dignity, Education and the Chicano Identity
Examples of Topics at the conference have included:
Latino Issues in Higher Education
Hispanic Serving Institutions
Recruitment and Retention of Latino Faculty & Students
Data-Driven Strategies and Innovations
and Much More
Visit out "Conference Sponsorship" page to learn more about how to sponsor our event! Thank you to your contributions.